Rock the Block is a home improvement matching grant program. It is a partnership between Habitat for Humanity and Hampton Redevelopment & Housing Authority, made possible through funding from the City of Hampton.
The program assists homeowners, renters and landlords with their residences in strategic areas of Hampton neighborhoods to make exterior improvements to the outside of their homes.
- Rock the Block is a hand up, not a hand out! Everyone will pay a small portion towards the work (as little as $50.00).
- Rock the Block grant money is available to all single-family and duplex residential property owners and renters, within the identified neighborhood, regardless of income. Renters must have written permission from their landlord submitted with the application.
- Habitat will grant up to $15,000 per house. Grants are available for short-term curb appeal projects that can be completed within 6 months.
- Homeowner match required: 10% — Renter/Investor match required: 50%
- Applications for Rock the Block are accepted quarterly for each target area in Hampton. The application package will be available at the local Hampton Redevelopment and Housing Authority office, Habitat for Humanity office and online each quarter.
Upcoming Rock the Block Neighborhood
The application period will open soon. Please check back for application release updates!! Please see map for exact location!
For more information on Rock the Block please contact Maerine Mitchell using email@example.com or 757-913-5652.
Habitat is looking for approved builders, contractors, and remodelers to assist with this program. In order to qualify for this program, you must:
- Have license from DPOR (Virginia Department of Professional & Occupational Regulation)
- Provide proof of General Liability and Workers Comp Insurance
- Provide free quotes to all applicants
- Warranty all work (materials and labor) for one year
If you are interested in being a contractor with Rock the Block please contact Dava Warner using (757) 913-5654 or firstname.lastname@example.org