ReStore Volunteer Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear?
- Please wear comfortable and casual clothes that you don't mind getting dirty. Jeans, athletic shorts or pants, etc. are acceptable. Shorts must be appropriate and at least reach mid-thigh. Volunteers will be turned away if shorts are of an inappropriate length.
- Please wear close-toed and close-heeled tennis shoes or boots. Volunteer will be turned away if shoes do not meet the above guidelines.
- Come prepared for the weather! Many tasks require volunteers to be in the elements so arrive with the appropriate jacket, raincoat, or sweatshirt.
What should I NOT wear?
- Loose, hanging jewelry
- Overly baggy clothing
- Articles of clothing with offensive slogans/language/images
- Clothing that interferes with your ability to work such as clothing that you are afraid of getting dirty
- Clothing that is revealing such as sheer shirts or low-rise pants/shorts
- No high heels, Crocs, sandals, flip-flops, or flats
What should I bring on the first day?
- A lunch (volunteers under the age of 18 must remain on the ReStore premises during their shift). A refrigerator is available to hold drinks, snacks or lunches.
- Court-ordered community service volunteers must bring paperwork from their court/case worker
- A photo ID (driver's license, passport, or school ID)
What will happen on my first visit at the ReStore?
- On your first visit, inform the cashier that you are a first-time volunteer.
- The volunteer coordinator or acting store manager will take you on a tour throughout the store explaining what the ReStore does, safety procedures, and store policies.
- Store employees with guide you in the tasks for the day.